Home About Products Cameras Etsy Madeit Blog Tumblr Contact

Friday, July 6, 2012

A study of light and shade - Pt 1







Last night I packed up some cameras, some film, some flowers, some incense, some lights, a projector screen and some imagination.


I picked up my friend and headed over to another friend's house. I had planned for us to go out to the forest, but we used under the house instead. It is getting very cold at night, so it was probably for the best. When we do head out to the forest, I will think less about body shadows and more about heavy clothing.


I played with some spot lighting and with the use of a very subdued flash, but the best light ended up coming from the old strip fluro on the roof. The colours and shapes it threw off were brilliant.


I intended to play with smoke for this shoot, however my smoke bombs are still in preparation. We did manage to achieve a nice layer of smoke over a few of the images. This post is just a selection of the shots from last night.

Ok, I'm using a lot of self restraint by only posting half of the images I was going to share with you. The next half will be posted tomorrow.

I hope you enjoy these shots. It was a major learning experience, and made me realise how badly I want my own studio set up.

Stranger.

2 comments: